Horse & Pony
Cool feed suitable for horses and ponies in light to medium work and retired horses.
Johnson’s Horse & Pony is a high fibre, balanced, economical pelleted feed designed to deliver sustained, safe energy. Formulated as a cool feed, suitable for horses and ponies in light to medium work and retired or spelling horses.
- Introduce any new feeds into your horse’s diet gradually over a 1-2 week period.
- Designed to be fed in conjunction with roughage such as pasture and hay. May be fed either wet or dry, alone or combined with other ingredients (eg. chaff or grains). Horses should receive a minimum of 1% of their body weight in roughage per day.
- The suggested feeding rates are a guide, and the amount required will vary depending on the quality and quantity of pasture and hay available, stage of training, exercise intensity, body condition and metabolism of your horse.
- Divide into smaller feeds if feeding over 0.5kg per 100kg of body weight per day.
- Ensure your horse always has access to clean water.
Johnson’s Horse & Pony contains premium grade export quality Oaten Hay, Oat Flour, Soybean Oil (GMO free) and Johnson’s Horse & Pony mineral and vitamin premix.
Feeding Rates (kg per day)
|Body Weight (kg)/
|100||0.25 – 0.75||0.5 – 1.0||0.75 – 1.25|
|200||0.75 – 1.5||1.0 – 2.0||1.5 – 2.5|
|300||1.0 – 2.0||2.0 – 3.0||3.0 – 4.0|
|400||1.5 – 2.5||2.5 – 3.5||3.5 – 4.5|
|500||2.0 – 3.0||3.0 – 4.0||4.0 – 5.0|
|600||2.5 – 3.5||3.5 – 4.5||4.5 – 5.5|
|700||3.0 – 4.0||4.0 – 5.0||5.0 – 6.0|
|Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid)||11.9||mg/kg|
|Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)||3.9||mg/kg|
|Vitamin B12 (Cyanocabalomin)||19.0||ug/kg|
STORE IN A COOL DRY PLACE AWAY FROM DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
This product does not contain restricted animal material.
This information is intended to be used as a guide only. It is a condition of use of all or part of this information that no liability will be accepted by Johnson’s Natural Formula or JT Johnson & Sons for any loss that may arise, financial or otherwise, from relying on this information.